Yi Jing consultation
How does a Yi Jing consultation work?
Key stages of Yi Jing consultation
- Initial contact and needs assessment
- Question identified
- Client’s hexagrams drawn
- Expert analysis of the results
- Presentation of analysis and discussions
A Yi Jing consultation can also be carried out by video-conference, depending on your preferences and availability.
The rules of Yi Jing
There are a number of vital requirements to ensure a satisfactory outcome to any Yi Jing consultation:
- Confidence: have faith in the message received, as this technique is founded on thousands of years of experience
- Objectivity: the information given by the Yi Jing sometimes differs from what we might have hoped for or imagined. The idea is to accept it without judgment, as this will allow you to better understand its profound meaning in the short and medium term
- Moderation: we recommend no more than one Yi Jing consultation per day and per person
- Respect: Yi Jing is a solemn practice and is not to be treated as entertainment
The art of posing the right question
Yi Jing can be a valuable aid whenever an uncertain situation raises a question. However, putting that question into words clearly is not a simple task, and entails some special requirements:
Precision and personal involvement
Your question concerns you personally. It must relate to an existing situation or the effect of something you have done. To obtain the most precise answer possible, you need to be involved or affected by the situation concerned.
This phase also requires a healthy measure of patience, in order to properly understand your own expectations and to clarify your own motivations.
Here are some examples of questions:
- Where am I in my love life?
- What do I need to do to make my next project a success?
- Is it a good idea to sign this contract with company X?
- How can I improve my relationship with my partner?
- How will my boss react to my request for a raise?
- How will our new product launch be received?
Once your question has been clearly put, you then consult the Yi Jing, with the aim of drawing a hexagram which can be analysed by the expert.
At Luckeys, we believe it’s important to accompany you step by step through this process, from putting your question into words, to interpreting the hexagram, and providing you with the fullest answers possible.